Sunday, August 20, 2006

Catching you up on my sorry state of existance. ;-)

Wow. . . August is almost over. Can you believe it? I can't and I really don't want to. With August comes back to school and then comes shopping. Now, I do enjoy shopping, but not like some women do and I have heard some men enjoy it too. ;-)

I have 3 kids, 2 girls and a wild and crazy boy. My girls are 12, and 11, my son is 7. There is a big difference in shopping with kids. The eldest, she's about 5'7" and doesn't look 12, (funny many 12 year-olds don't look 12. . .but 20!) - - my daughter is no exception. We shop in the women's clothing for her and thank goodness she is conservative and is in no hurry to show off her attributes! (May I say . . . it is wrong for any child of mine to have attributes . . . grrrr)

Shopping with her is a mental chore. It is a tug-of-war with patience. She hates shopping. She hates trying clothes on. She loves however to spend money. . .boy can she spend it too.

The second child, will be 12 in October. She stands at 5'0". She looks almost 12. . .and not 20!!! However, she loves to shop. She's a joy to shop with, this means she takes FOREVER to shop with, because she will take her allowed spending money and visit as many shops as she can. *sigh* *yawn* *pull hair* To whoever marries this gal, when she's 40 mind you, better have an endless supply of $$$$$$$$$$.

My son. . .what can you say. . .If you get him to try on a pair of pants, your lucky. That's it, one pair of pants, one shirt and one pair of shoes. Just enough stuff to determine his sizes and then he is finished. You are now required to shop for him and pick everything out. . .oh and get it right too! He's the easiest to shop for, but from what I have been told that will change.

I won't tell you how much we spent, but it was more than my hub thinks. ;-) Then again, he told me he didn't want to know how much we spent. lol. . .smart man, he probably saved himself a few more years to live.

Now. . . what of me? What is up with Good 'Ol Red?

I'm having surgery on Wednesday the 23rd of Aug. Why? A have a cyst, about 10 centimeters on my left ovary, and a "tubelar" structure, they believe is my fallopian tube that needs to be removed, because it too is swollen and that isn't normal. So. . . I go under the knife. For those that pray, please do and for those that don't, but do something to get them through scary things, please remember me and my family. *hugs*

How is my writing progressing?

Not bad at all. I finally got my first Illustrated story out! It isn't erotic, but nostalgic. If you'd like to read it, please do. It is called A Few Lamps from His Collection. I hope to hear from you too. I do enjoy comments and appreciate the feedback. I have several Illustrated poems and though I'm not the most talented poet, I do have fun.

I'm not involved in as many SRP's that I was once in, but that's cool. I know more will present themselves soon. :-D.

I hope you like the quick update on the blog and I'll post again, hopefully sooner than later. :-D

1 comment:

dusio said...

I know how it goes with shopping. My S.O. does most of it, but I got dragged out today to do some last minute things. I've got three girls, a fashionista, a tomboy, and a fou-year old who doesn't want anything new.
Great blog!