Monday, November 27, 2006

One month and one Thanksgiving over. . .


I survived Turkey Day! I enjoyed a great Thanksgiving with my family. The In-Laws were in Florida. . .grrr. . .I'd have liked to been there. . .but then again I guess the weather down there wasn't as pleasant as they had hoped it would be. Our weather was outstanding. As was the day.

My hub had the day off! That alone made it an excellent holiday. :-) We had to make a stop at the store for olives. . .they were sold out of the pimento stuffed green ones, well except sliced ones that you would use on pizza. . . I bought those. lol. . . along with other things to make up for me not having whole olives for mom's dinner. Then I picked up 4 lbs of cheese. Yes - FOUR pounds! (4 different flavors)

Got to mom's and there were 3 wild turkeys in my dad's garden. Go figure and of course hubby tried to get dad to let him shoot them, but dad said no, but hub didn't try to hard either. LOL - - Two male turkeys and a female. Very cool, they were back on Saturday, the dog and cat tried to catch them. LOL .

I ate small portions at dinner, but I was so happy that I ate slow before hand. I enjoyed cubes of cheese and olives most of the day. It was a blast to just sit and snack with folks just like they were doing, but I had to do it with one cheese cube or olive every 15 min. or so. I wasn't watching the clock, but I figure that was the average that I snacked. Very unlike how I would have been last year, just mindlessly eating.

I got home that night and felt really good about the day and how it went. Then of course I worried and worried the rest of the time, just knowing I had gained over the holiday. I weighed in today, one month and 3 days after surgery and had lost another 5 lbs! I'm now down 42 lbs.

No comments: