Sunday, October 15, 2006

A couple of poems that fit my mood. . .

Oh my god, I can not breathe
as you sit and toy with me.
My heart is locked within my chest.
My fingers numb; my mind can’t rest.
I stare in wonder and wait for time
to heal my wounds and stop this crime.
This time was mine and yours to play.
Then someone came and pulled you away.
I can not see through the tears I shed
as I see another with you is led
down the path of sweet release,
the one I thought was mine to feast.

****

I am such a joke.
Others point and laugh as the
words I pen are nothing but
a quick way to get another off.
Meaning nothing to some.
Everything to me.
A little to another.
In the end though,
they are nothing.
Just flat, black words
on a screen that makes
my head hurt.

******

My heart is finished.
I’m no longer here.
I’m just going to write and say hello.
Lean on a shoulder or two.
But I’m done loving,
I’m done caring.
I’m simply done.

How hollow that feeling is,
the one where you just look back
and see forever staring you in the face,
mocking you.
Foolish girl.
Idiot.
Heart on your sleeve wearing you out.
A backbone made of Jell-O.
Too nice to open your mouth and proclaim
how stung you are.
But willing to sit back and let it happen over
and over and over again.
Boy, Red you’re a piece of work.
Idiot, empty, hollow, foolish girl.

No comments: