Tuesday, October 17, 2006

One week. . .

It is officially one week from my surgery date. I am so ready. My support thread is here; to post on it you'll have to become a member of Lit. remember though you can comment here on the blog. :-)

As I was saying. . .one week to go. You may wonder what is Red doing these final days of endulgance. ;-) I am doing that. I'm not overeating, but I am choosing things I normally wouldn't just eat all the time. Last week, I said goodbye to Peanut Buster Parfaits, Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie, Pizza Hut, KFC, and McDonald's. The kids have loved it! LOL - I told them to enjoy, because not only will my life be changing, but theirs will be too.

NO! That doesn't mean I'm going to police them and make them eat what I eat. Heck the first month I'm on a liquid and "baby food texture" diet! It just means, we won't be eating out as often and when we do it won't be fast food. It will be a nice sit down place, like Applebee's, Red Lobster, ohhhh yum. ;-) but again, these places are places I can't go into for almost 3 months and even then I'll fill up quickly! Gonna save some money!!

For folks not familiar with this surgery... I'll go from a stomach the size of a football (generalization here for visual effects) to one the size of golf ball! My new stomach, or pouch, will hold approximately 2 ounces, over the course of the year and as long as I follow all the nutritional guidelines, (which I will) my stomach should expand to hold 7 to 10 ounces. Yep, less than a can of soda!

This won't be easy and for those that think I'm taking the easy way out. . .oh you are soooo wrong. If you knew all the new rules I will have to live with, and not just for a short time, but for life, you'd not say that.

I look forward to returning to places where my family and I have traveled in the past and walking the trails and hiking to the waterfalls, where my spouse hiked, but I didn't, because I knew I couldn't make it. I did make it to the waterfalls on our last vacation, because I didn't want my kids to miss out on mom enjoying their vacation with her. In the back of my mind I knew this could be the last I had with them. God, it was a great vacation. No matter what happens next week, they have that memory. :-)

Think of me this week - Please. :-)

No comments: