Thursday, October 26, 2006

This is what has happened. . .


I had my surgery on the 24th of October and I'm doing well. I am still in the hospital working on recovery. I graduated from 2 days of ice chips, to grape juice this morning and maybe something else tomorrow. The surgeon says probably tomorrow I can go home, later in the afternoon. I look forward to it.

Getting out and into bed is the hardest thing. It hurts a lot. I am concerned about getting in and out of my bed at home. I have no guard rails like they do at the hospital. I may also move into my living room and sleep in an upright position, since normally I am a belly sleeper.

I showered this morning, with hubby's help. He's been very supportive and I can't thank him enough. :)* I know you that read this blog as well as the support thread on lit and are keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. I do appreciate that very much and ask that you keep doing so.

I walk around the unit, to help avoid blood clots. Hubby walks with me, but right now he had to go get himself some lunch. . . something besides grape juice.

No comments: