Friday, April 28, 2006

The BIGGEST steal of all

I recieved a message from a fellow writer on Literotica. She sent me a link and this link took me to another "free" online story site. There I sat looking at one of my stories lifted from Lit. From my understanding . . .the entire site is a rip off of Literotica.
There is a thread on Lit. called: Clumsy Rip Off - named that because the "thieves" only bothered to copy the first page of stories and then post them. They removed the Author's name, but not things like Author notes, which mine include the name Red.
How many were taken from me? Around 19, sounds like a lot, but there are some authors who have lost over 100 stories. *sigh*
If you're a writer of Erotica the link above will take you to the discussion thread about the site, stealing our work. In the thread you'll find information on how you can contact the ones in charge as well as what legal steps you as a writer can take.
~ ~ ~
Moving on to better things. I have some errands today, but not much else. I will write up a story and answer a few SRP's. I've gotten positive feed back from the other story site mentioned in yesterday's blog, but I don't think I'll be sending a lot of my stories there, we'll see. Perhaps some older ones that have been on Lit for a while. We'll see, no hurries for me though, I'm pretty happy with Lit. though they are a bit slow. *chuckle*

Enjoy your day. :-) ~ Red

No comments: